Barrel Online is a bottle shop curated by Barrel Bar and Dining.
Cart 0
2017 Chardonnay 'Red Shoulder Ranch'

2017 Chardonnay 'Red Shoulder Ranch'

Shafer
Regular price $115.00

Carneros District

From a stand-alone vineyard owned by Shafer, 75% of this wine was aged in new oak, with the other 25% aged solely in steel; the wine was not put through malolactic, which emphasises the freshness of the fruit. Lemon zest and golden apple aromas. Medium-full, lovely balanced, bright fruit, very good acidity and excellent richness on the palate and in the finish.

Beautiful balance, with subtle wood notes, this is superbly made and a highly distinctive California Chardonnay. Enjoy over the next 5-7 years.


Share this Product


More from this collection